Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Quick note: still sweating in Madang. A quiet day today. Met Jil in town, along with her American counterpart, who's here to help set up the Pathfinder International office. We chatted and I'll be spending the day with them tomorrow. It was heaven to eat some American candy, though I've been satisfying my sweet tooth with lemon creme biscuits (cookies) for the last bit of time. Papaya and bread for breakfast. Papaya and homemade bread for lunch. Dinner is waiting on the table under a mysterious shroud. I took a three-hour nap today. I'm liking this malolo (rest). I also think I will abuse my credit card and sign up for an introductory dive on Saturday. I know my friends in Redondo Beach would kill me if I didn't take advantage of this amazing diving opportunity.

I've been trying and trying to upload pictures, but the internet connection is just too slow. Hopefully I can do that once I'm in Darwin. (I leave PNG/arrive in Darwin on Sunday.) I'll search for wireless once I'm there.

Anyway, take care. Talk soon.

S.

No comments: